Diski is South African township term or lingo describing the game of football played in the township. The use of the numbers 99 (nine-nine) is also a township term which means “for real”. In short Diski99 means real or proper ball played the real township way.
Diski99 Sports News is a news source for sports fanatics at grassroots/amateur level based in Mkhondo Local Municipality in the Gert Sibande District of Mpumalanga. It is the only website in the region and possibly the whole of South Africa that tell stories about local based amateur sports.
- We showcase local football talent via the fresh news, player and club profiles, fixtures, results and league log standings.
- We provide news and pictures in colour to provide fresh and entertaining news about all sports played at amateur level.
- We provide employment opportunities to young creative people in the field of photography, film making and advertising.
• To unite and educate all sports loving communities through positive and balanced sports news stories.
• To make local sportsman and woman known locally, provincially and nationally through informative news which will lead to visits by professional scouts, agents and professional teams tours to eMkhondo and the Gert Sibande Region.
Our Primary Focus
In this website you will find detailed information about all sports clubs playing at amateur level which include Local Leagues, Regional Leagues, Provincial Leagues and selected news stories from the National First Division and Premier League in South Africa. Inside the Diski99 Sports News website you will also find other useful information such as clubs contact details, photo galleries, club& player profiles, match coverage etc
Diski99 Sports News began as monthly newspaper with the first issue coming out on 02 September 2016. Five issues were published between September 2016 and February 2017 with a circulation of 3000 copies around Mkhondo Local Municipality.